Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can You Change Your Philosophy?

I am working on a project for Frank Myers Auto Maxx.  They have been a North Carolina used car dealer for several years and their flagship has always been "Everybody Rides".  Now I get the feeling they are wanting to change their marketing paradigm which is fine, but what is the effect?

If you are branded as a type of business such as a dealer that specializes in bad credit then try to turn on the faucet to attract a different type of customer you will miss your bread and butter.  The customer types types are a dichotomy and it would be almost impossible to serve them both and maintain a market share.

The real decision is which is more profitable and gives you a higher ROI.  I know which customers I would chase if I had the outlets in place to get them financed!!

No comments: